1. We care about your personal data
2. Who are we?
3. How do we collect data?
Your personal data will either be provided by you, or will be collected by us, our Partners, or captured automatically. For example, we collect your personal data when you complete your Membership (as defined in our Terms and Conditions) application, when you transact with our Partners and accumulate Points on your Membership account ("Orijin Plus Account" or “Account”), when you redeem a Reward, when you contact us or when you browse our Website and/or App.
4. Are you over 15?
5. What information do we collect about you?
It may be necessary for you to provide us with certain personal data in order for you to receive the benefits of Orijin Plus or to access and use the App and/or the Website. We will let you know when such data is essential for Membership. All other personal data is up to you to provide or not, as you prefer.
(a) Your Membership
If you are a Orijin Plus member ("Member"), some of the personal data we may collect about you includes:
- your full name, date of birth, email address, mobile number, postal address etc;
- your Membership number ("Orijin Plus ID"), Points balance, account status and activities relating to your Orijin Plus Account;
- your transaction history or product authentication details of what authenticated from our Partners and you use your Membership to accumulate Points (including the product or reward activity completed, the date of authentication, where that product was sold);
- information about the Rewards you redeem; and
- your shopping preferences, including brand preferences and the types of products and services you may be interested in.
(b) When you visit our App or Website
We may use online tracking technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, web beacons and other similar technologies to automatically collect information about:
- your visits to our App or Website, such as your browsing history, how long you stay on our App or Website, and the frequency of visits;
- your location information as provided by your mobile or other device when you interact with our App or Website, including your IP address and general geographic location; and
- the device that you use to browse our App or Website (e.g. your device ID, operating system, type of device, browser type and version, mobile application crashes and other system activity, and third party sites you were using before interacting with our services).
You have the right to disable any of these online tracking technologies. To learn more about how we use the above data, please see section 14 below on Online tracking technology.
(c) Other information
We also collect some of your personal data whenever we communicate with you (e.g.email content, contact information, etc.), or when you complete any voluntary surveys and questionnaires we may send you from time to time (e.g. your demographic information and feedback), or when you participate in our lucky draws, contests or promotions.
6. How do we use your information?
We will only use your personal data for the purposes set out below.
(a) Account administration
To help administer and maintain your Orijin Plus Account, including:
- creating and updating your Orijin Plus Account;
- verifying your identity;
- creating a single profile about you, including combining your information with any other personal data already held by us;
- processing Points issuance and Reward redemptions;
- completing transactions;
- sending you updates about new features and benefits relating to Orijin Plus; and
- enabling features that allow you to personalise your Orijin Plus Account on our App, such as bookmarking your favourite Partners.
(b) Customer support
To assist you when you contact us, such as responding to and investigating any of your questions or concerns, and monitoring and improving our customer support services.
If you choose to receive marketing and promotional materials ("Marketing Communications"), to provide you with them. Please see section 9 on Direct Marketing below for more information.
To create personalised Marketing Communications tailored to your interests and preferences, and to provide you with the best possible customer experience in relation to our App and your Membership, we may also use data analytics tools to determine whether our or our Partners’ offers, advertisements and promotions are effective, as well as to determine whether you may be interested in new products or services, or to customise the content and types of offers, products, services and Rewards that we present to you.
(e) Optimisation and improvements
We may use your personal data to understand and improve our App or our operations, or our Partners' operations, through various means, such as the use of analytics tools, research, surveys, and feedback forms. This will enable us and our Partners to enhance services or products, develop new features and benefits, and amend business, marketing and strategic operations and plans.
(f) Legal and administration purposes
We may use your personal data to investigate or handle any incidents, claims or disputes, or as otherwise required by law or requested by any law enforcement or regulatory authorities, courts, or other governmental agencies. We may also use your personal data in relation to any legal proceedings concerning you.
7. Who do we share your information with?
If you are a Member, your personal data may be shared with our Partners to facilitate the processing of Points issuance, Points redemption and related transactions, as well as for data analytics purposes in order to improve their operations, services or products.
(b) Orijin Plus Ltd
Your personal data may be transferred to any of Orijin Plus’ related corporations (Orijin Plus and such corporations collectively, “Orijin Plus Ltd”) for any of the purposes we have set out above.
(c) Service providers
Your personal data may be shared with our or any Orijin Plus members' service providers (including agents and contractors) who process personal data on our behalf to help us administer and operate Orijin Plus, our App or our Website, to conduct data analytics, to help aggregate and anonymise the personal data, or to carry out any of the purposes set out above. These may include IT vendors, back-office and front-end or ancillary service providers, call centre operators, marketing agencies, data management and analytics service providers, and customer contact services. Our service providers may contact you on our behalf or on behalf of our Orijin Plus members, for any of the purposes set out above.
(d) Professional advisors and assignees
When necessary, we may share your personal data with our professional advisors, including lawyers, accountants, financial advisors and insurers. Your personal data may also be shared with third parties in connection with any merger, acquisition, consolidation, restructuring, sale of assets, financing or any other similar scenarios involving the transfer of some or all of our business assets.
(e) Government and regulatory authorities
8. Aggregated and anonymised data
Aggregated or anonymised data that does not include any personally identifiable information, may be used by us, our Partners, our Orijin Plus Ltd members or other third parties for various purposes, including enabling them to better understand customer needs or to improve and adapt their operations, products and services, or for the purposes of industry benchmarking, machine learning, research or analytics.
9. Direct Marketing
If you have opted to receive offers and promotions from us, we may use your personal data to:
- send you direct marketing communications in connection with the latest news, events, updates, offers, contests, promotions, products, services and Rewards offered by our Partners in relation to Orijin Plus;
- analyse your preferences, online behaviour and transactional history in order to gain insights, so that we can customise the content and types of news, events, updates, contests, promotions, offers, products, services and Rewards that we present to you via our App, our direct marketing communications, social media or other communication means; and
- in conjunction with any seasonal events, lucky draws and contests or other promotional activities.
We may send you direct marketing communications and market research invitations by email or in-app notifications on your mobile device, when you access the App, or through online banner advertisements.
Before providing you with direct marketing communications, we will always ask for your consent. You can choose at any time not to receive any direct marketing communications from us. Please see the section on Your rights below.
10. Can our Partners or affiliates send you marketing materials?
We will not provide your personal data to our Partners for them to send you marketing materials, unless you allow this.
If any of our Partners wish to directly send you any marketing materials regarding their own products and services directly, then they must obtain your separate consent for this. We are not involved or responsible for any marketing materials sent directly by our Partners. If you would like to stop receiving any marketing materials from our Partners, please contact them directly in order to unsubscribe from their mailing lists.
However, we may send Marketing Communications to you on behalf of our Partners, subject to your consent and in accordance with the Direct Marketing section above. If you agree to receive any marketing materials directly from our Partners, then please carefully read our respective Partners' privacy policies.
11. How do we keep your information secure?
12. How long do we keep your data for?
- If you terminate your User Account, by going to the Account section in the App, then going into your user profile and selecting 'Delete my account' your Personal Data will be marked for deletion except to the degree legal requirements or other prevailing legitimate purposes dictate a longer storage.
- Please note that Orijin Plus may be required to retain certain transactional data under statutory commercial and tax law for a period of up to ten (10) years.
13. Your rights
(a) Access and correction
You have the right to access and correct your personal data held by us, at any time, by editing your information within the App.
In order to ensure that your personal data is kept as accurate as possible, please update any changes to your personal data.
(b) Opt-out of direct marketing
At any time, you can ask us to stop using your personal data to send you direct Marketing Communications, or you can customise how you would like to receive direct Marketing Communications from us. You can exercise your rights to do this by:
- changing your settings on your notification preferences on the App; or
- following the unsubscribe instructions in the Marketing Communications emails that we send to you.
We will stop using your personal data to send you Marketing Communications in accordance with your request. However, we may still send you non-promotional communications such as information concerning the administration of your Orijin Plus Account and may use non-personally identifiable information collected via cookies and other tracking technology to display marketing information via online advertising banners on websites and apps visited by you.
14. Online tracking technology
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your browser or device by websites, applications, online media and advertisements when you visit a website
You can exercise your right to choose whether or not to accept cookies by adjusting your browser settings to modify your cookie preferences. Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default, but you are free to remove or block all browser cookies. However, if you turn off your cookies, some of our services may not function properly and you will not be able to receive the most efficient and personalised experience.
15. Links to other sites
Our App may contain links to other third-party websites and applications, including those of our Partners (“Third Party Sites”). We do not own or control and are not responsible for the privacy practices of those Third-Party Sites. We encourage you to remain alert if you follow any links to leave our Site or App, and to review the privacy policies of these Third-Party Sites so that you are aware of how your personal data may be collected and used by such third parties.
16. How do we manage updates to this policy
17. Orijin Plus account deletion
Your Orijin Plus account and all associated data can be deleted by requesting account deletion by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from the email account with which your account is registered (for social sign in, the email account of your Google or Facebook account).
18. How to contact us